Me

Me
It's me! Rob!

Friday, April 2, 2010

Summer Like Day

It's Good Friday. I am being a good Catholic this morning and I am fasting. At least for now. I don't know if I will make it until 3:30pm though since I plan on golfing at 1pm. That's right. Golfing. The wife and I are golfing with my golf partner Ron and his wife. Since this is not very manly, we will be adding beer and 1 irons to the mix. This will result in much man chatter and of course humiliation for the wives. For everyone's information, this is an excellent way to cure the disease of wives wanting to golf with you.

So what is a One Iron you are asking yourselves. It is an awesome drink, albeit a bit girly. It is made by: fill glass with ice, add two shots Smirnoff vodka, fill almost to the top with Fresca (cannot be substituted) and splash cranberry juice. Let's face it, it's pink, not a shot, not beer so it is for the women. Believe it or not, I have indulged in this drink on one occasion and can vouch for it's effectiveness with quenching the thirst on a hot day. It tastes A LOT like cotton candy. Give it a try. I will have BEER myself.

I need to bitch a bit about my golf partner. He is a RAGING partisan democrat. I have nothing against democrats. Just back up some arguments with facts instead of "you're a racist republican". The funny thing is that he doesn't even know that I'm not a republican. I'm more of a fiscal conservative with more moderate social values. We joke about it tons all of the time but it makes me wonder how he can have such one sided views without considering other opinions. He is also a Joey, which is a term I made up. He knows what it means and I don't need to elaborate. It must be in his blood since he is somehow related to the Cuomos from NYS politics.

Here is a link to a test that everyone should take. I think most people will be surprised with the outcome. Take the test and post below what the outcome was. Answer truthfully for every question.
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

No comments:

Post a Comment