Me

Me
It's me! Rob!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Golf

I was just reading my new Golf Digest. Much to my surprise they had a story about outdated golf clubs. My driver is a new Cleveland Hi-bore from 2009. I also have a Cleveland Hi-bore 3 wood that is a 2009. My 5 wood is an older Ping 5 wood that I still love and hit relatively straight. I replaced my 4-iron with a hybrid Cleveland that I like. I wish I could replace the 3-iron with a hybrid but I don't have the ching to blow on that right now. I did treat myself to a new sand wedge before the new rounded grooves are in and the older sharp grooves disappear. I got a nice Volkey 54 degree which I have played with once so far. It had nice stopping and spinning action compared to my old worn out Ping sandy. My irons are very nice but I'm a bit afraid that I'm missing out on some technological advances that have been made recently. They are about 8 years old and blade type irons. My game would probably benefit a lot from a new set of mid-size irons with a little more forgiveness.

I would love a new set of Ping G15 irons. I can't spring the $699 for them. But, but, but, the MAGAZINE said I needed new irons honey!!!!!! I don't think that one will fly this time. I guess I'm still stuck suffering my game with the old Ping set. At least they are still semi-cool. The new clubs probably wouldn't help my 14.1 handicap anyway. It's my awful putting that really needs the help!

I had two sets of VERY outdated clubs before I passed them on to who knows who. I'm sure that my brother has one set because he still plays golf with them. They are ancient. He actually still has the wooden woods. His putter is the putter I bought for my best men almost 20 years ago but it is still an awesome wand. The funny thing is that he still plays them decently for the amount of times he plays every year. A new set and some golf time would make his game awesome like it was in the days of old.

I belong to a private club in Phoenix NY named Beaver Meadows. It is a real nice track and very well taken care of. The people that belong there are very cool and we have fun times. Our Master's party is upcoming Wednesday and we are doing a fun Calcutta. I need to do some research on who I will be "drafting". Of course, I will be playing 18 or 27 before the party so I'll have plenty of time to think about it. Ill let you know how it turns out. Any ideas on who I should draft, please feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment