Me

Me
It's me! Rob!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Golf

It's been a while since my last post but I have an excuse. I have been extremely busy...at golf. That's right folks, you heard me, GOLF. I have needed lots of practice gearing up for the Ryder Cup Tournament that happened last weekend. I have been trying to play every day over the past two weeks. It hasn't worked. The weather has been rainy and windy, especially at Beaver Meadows. My poor 1999 Saab 9-5 is slowly dying and needs a transmission replacement. This wasn't exactly reliable transportation during this time. I did manage to get in a few rounds though before the Ryder Cup. Here is #5 at the club.

Ryder Cup was fun. I putted like Ray Charles on Saturday but was hung over enough to hit the ball pretty well. It felt like I had a good tempo built until around hole 16 when I started swinging for the stars. Needless to say, the drives didn't work out too well for the last few holes. It didn't matter as it was a team event. My partner, Mac, carried me and I carried him when we needed it. Our team ham and egged it to a third place start after day 1. We were only two shots back.

Saturday night I got some rest and felt great Sunday morning. The fun portion of the tourney set up stated out well. I played with our A player, "Mahj" and made a good 20 footer to keep us in the first hole and a decent hole on #2. I then proceeded to suck hard on #3 and #4. My partner carried me through the rough patch and we did fine on the 9 hole better ball portion. The alternate shot portion is always interesting but we managed to fight out a +1 round of 73 between us. Pretty damned good.

The only problem that we had was that our B and C players didn't play to their abilities. This shit just happens. It's golf. You can be the best one day and be sub-par or even suck the next. "Stewie" and "Mack" played like the latter according to them. I gotta say I felt a bit bad for them. I've been there. The whole team has to play well to win this tourney and we just didn't have it on Sunday. Thanks Stewie for inviting me to play though. It really was a ton of fun.

Now I'm worn out a bit on golf. Explosives time is getting closer. Can't wait for the party on Sunday to celebrate the 4th of July. Independence Day. Make sure you become a follower of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment